The school district has an Emergency Hardship policy families can use to request transfers. Families must provide documentation that meets the guidelines stated on the form to receive an Emergency Hardship transfer. This form must be signed by principals at both the zoned and requested school. 

To read the full MNPS Student Assignment Policy visit the MNPS Policy Procedures WebsiteBắn Cá Hải Tặc iOS and select Student Assignment Options. 


Bắn Cá Hải Tặc iOSA student who has been appropriately enrolled in a school and who moves to another zone during a semester may request a continuity transfer to complete through the highest grade in that school. Satisfactory written documentation of the new residence and the date of the move are required.

At the beginning of each school year a student whose family will relocate to another school zone within the first semester may request to begin the school year in the new school. Satisfactory written documentation of the new residence and the date of the move are required. It shall be the responsibility of the receiving principal to verify completion of the move.

Please note that there are no longer Continuity Transfer forms. The family should provide proof of residence to the school. The school will provide a “Student Information Form” and collect the documents to update the new address. Also, there is no continuity in general between schools from tier level to tier level (elementary to middle or middle to high).


If your transfer request is denied, you have the right to appeal the decision in writing within 10 days.

To appeal a transfer decision, write a letter to explain your situation, the reasons for your request that the decision be overturned and any additional documentation not previously provided.

Address your letter to:
Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, c/o Office of School Options- B407A
Attn: Dr. Antoinette Williams
2601 Bransford Avenue
Nashville, TN 37204

Bắn Cá Hải Tặc iOSYou may bring your letter in person to the MNPS Family Information Center, located at the same address above, or mail your appeal letter. If you mail your letter, we recommend requesting a confirmation receipt from the postal service.